Sorry lads, but this one is more for the women, or those of you who like to wear make up...
Are you lucky enough to be jetting off on holiday this year? Well, here is the list of my Summer Holiday Essentials. I like to be organised for trip away, I think that it's all part of the excitement....
1. Suncream - pretty boring but you've got to have it! My skin is sooo fair but even if I wear high factors, I still find that I get a tan after being in the sun.
2. Aftersun/moisturiser - to ensure a longer lasting tan and prevention of my skin drying out I always take a moisturiser of some sort. TOP TIP: Take a tinted moisturiser to enhance your natural tan - no know that it isn't all natural!
3. Plugs/Adapters - if you're going abroad
4. Make Up - Be sure to check out my next post to find out what make up essentials I like to bring abroad with me!
5. Face Wipes - you need something to take your make up off with! Plus, I always like cooling my face down by using a nice face wipe. I always buy the wipes for sensitive skin, I just like them.
6. Hair Removal Cream/Razors - You don't want to look like a hairy gorilla in your bikini girls! Avoid the embarrassment by having this shaving routine the night before you go on holiday and remember to keep checking that no lose hairs have popped up in unwanted places!
7. Shampoo/Conditioner - an obvious item - I like the head and shoulders shampoo and conditioner set that looks on antidandruff (it smells good) or I like the Tresseme sets
8. Camera - make memories, take pictures, keep memories
9. Tooth brush/tooth paste - I love having pearly white teeth against a nice natural glow
10. Hair Accessories - I like to take my hair straighteners cos you can easily curl your hair with them if you fancy, but you'll need hairbands/clips to tie your hair up when you want to keep cool
11. Headphones - music whilst sunbathing is chill
12. Sunglasses - a MUST
13. Appropriate Clothes - underwear, swimwear, t-shirts, shorts, dresses, flip-flops, sandals etc etc
14. Beach Towel - (usually) the hotel or villa you stay at will provide you with towels to wash with but you need to have a spare towel to take with you to the beach or to use around the pool
15. Insect Repellent - if you always get bitten like me
I hope this helps, have a fun and relaxing trip away!
Okay. So your hair is wet as you have just got out of the shower and you really can't be bothered to dry all of your hair and then spend another half hour curling it. Well ladies (and possibly gentleman), I have the PERFECT solution for you!
A - Aftersun. Now that we are officially into Spring and Summer is soon on its way every girl, and guy for that matter should have aftersun of some sort in their possession. Not only helps moisturize your skin, but can also help you glow! Whilst on holiday last year, I took with me a tinted aftersun, and not only did I get a good tan, it also lasted for weeks!
B - Brows. Eyebrows shape your face, they bring everything together and can totally transform your look. I always try to regularly get my eyebrows shaped by threading or waxing. I don't really prefer one - they both get the job done! I use a simple eyebrow pencil for extra shaping, they all seem to be the same but they all seem to work in the same way!
C - Contour. So its a new thing that has gone massive since Kim K confessed her love for the technique. I am definitely with her on that decision. I myself, have very chubby cheeks so I have always been keen in finding products that can enhance my cheekbones. I am a fan :)
D - Dry hair shampoo. USE. It is so handy when you are in a rush. According to most hair professionals, washing your hair too often is actually bad for it too!
E - Eyelashes. If I don't have a set of eyelashes on whilst on a night out, I'm not entirely happy! Personally, I find the lighter eyelashes sets that Eylure have, I find that the bolder/fuller sets are too heavy for my eyes.
F - Foundation. A colour-matching foundation is always a great base for any face. As I have pale skin, it is always nice to know that I am not wearing a colour that is too dark. Usually, my Mum helps me match the right colour, but there are always staff in most stores that sell make up who are happy to help. I am currently using a Rimmel Match Perfect Foundation in light Porcelain. Although it is on the liquid-y side, it definitely evens out my complexion.
G - Gel manicure. It just makes me feel better.
H - Hair Curling Wand. Is amazing. I have very thick hair so it takes me aaaaaaages to do my hair the way I like it. My new found love (hair-wise) is my curling wand by Babyliss. It has a few different temperatures but even on the lowest temperature, waves are forming!
I - Illusions. Make up is about enhancing your natural features
J - Johnsons baby lotion. Gets eye make up off so easily.
K - Keep trying new things. Every one is different so their opinions on what products to use vary from person to person. You don't know till you try
L - Lips. A woman's lips are a huge part of her face. For ages, I was never bold enough to wear a bright colour on my lips as I always thought they were too small and it just didn't suit my face. Now I am more confident with my looks, I have started to wear reds, and dark purples instead of the simple pinks. When wearing a brighter or darker lipstick, I always make sure that I limit the make up on my eyes, a thin eyeliner and mascara always looks great. Don't make the same mistake as me, be confident and go for bolder colours.
M - Me time. You can just do what you want. Like shave your legs, or paint your toes, or have a bath. It's all part of a beauty regime.
N -Nail Varnish. I don't know about you but I just feel like my hands and feet look so much prettier when my nails are painted. Barry M is my fav brand for nail varnishes, they have such a wide variety,
O - Organisation. I plan my day around getting ready for evenings or days out. Haha!
P -Perfume. I can't go out without it!
Q - Quiffs. Boufons. Or whatever they are called. Give great height to your hair styles.
R - Routine. ALWAYS wash your make up off before bed!
S - Suncream. My Mum is repeatedly reminding me throughout the hot months to make sure that I am wearing it. You even are mean't to wear suncream when it isn't hot but just sunny. As I react badly to some brands, Soltan suncream (factor 50 on my face) is great for my pale skin
T - Toni & Guy heat sprays. A must have when you are regularly using heat on your hair. It doesn't only protect but also smells divine!
V -Veet. It works, I recommend!
W -Watch YouTube. There are ridculous amounts of tutorials online on youtube. Take tips from other people, that is the only way to learn! Plus you can teach yourself, show other people, and they think you've created it. It's genius haha. Seriously though, thank you YOUTUBERS
Y - You. Do what suits you and your personality. Don't hold back
Z - zzz. SLEEP. Avoid tiredness, no bags under your eyes and you just can be happy for your day